Encountering God and people through love and truth
A mission-centered multiethnic church that provides Christian fellowship, worship, and discipleship in Jesus Christ, fulfilling His Great Commission throughout local and global community.
1. Reconcile People with God (Evangelism)
2. Producing Ambassadors for Christ (Discipleship)
3. Empowering People with the Word of Reconciliation (Teaching, Preaching, Fellowship)
Statement of Faith
1. We believe that the Holy Scripture (The Bible) is the final authority, infallible, without error, verbal inspiration of God. We believe that Bible reveals God, the fall of man, the way of salvation, and God’s plan and purpose in the ages for the matter of faith and practice.
2. We believe in Trinity God; God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy spirit.
3. We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ; divine and human; in His Virgin Birth; in His sinless life; in His miracles and that Jesus took on Himself all our sins, died and rose again bodily, and is seated at the right hand of the Father as our mediator and advocate; and in His visible and personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe that salvation is by God’s grace through faith in Christ Jesus alone, and cannot be earned, deserved, inherited or bought.
5. We believe that men are justified by faith alone and are accounted righteous before God only through the merit of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
6. We believe that each believer will be resurrected to eternal life, whereas unrighteous will be raised to the judgment of God.
7. We believe in Universal Church, which contains the believers who confess Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior as well as in Local Church where the believers can have fellowship and be spiritually nourished.
Our leadership team recognizes the authority of God, and accept the Bible as final authority on faith and practices. We realize that we are shepherds who serve under the Chief Shepherd, Jesus Christ. We desire to devote ourselves to prayer and to the ministry of the Word. Our passion and goal is to equip the believers for the work of the ministry until we all attain maturity in the fullness of Christ.
Rev. Dr. Lone Lazum (BTh, MABS, DMin, PhD)
Pastor Lone has been serving as the pastor at Oakland Burmese Mission Baptist Church since February 2007. He and his wife have three children. Pastor Lone has a Doctor of Ministry (D. Min). degree from Temple Baptist Seminary, Chattanooga, Tennessee. He also earned Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) degree in leadership from Piedmont International University, Charlotte , North Carolina. Pastor Lone is passionate about local and Myanmar ministries and has a heart for the new comers arriving from the Thai-Burma border area and Malaysia.
Meet our officers
Moderator : Flora Wu
Secretary: Nway Nway (M.B.A)
Ass. Secretary: Thelma Baw
Treasurer: Pan Phyu Phyu
Ass. Treasurer (AP): Sapphire Tay
Ass. Treasurer (AR): Cynthia Thwin
Auditor: Nway Nway (M.B.A)
Christian Education: Jae Kim (M.A.C.E)
Mission Director: Lawrance Chow
Ass. Mission Director: Dr. Soe Ngwe
Caring Ministry:& Pastoral Relation Committee: David S. Lwin
Meet our Deacons
Deacon : Franky Kaw
Deaconess: Emerald Tay